FTC Board Info Page – Corona
Corona Virus info page –
Added Mar 10 2020:
From FANO –
As we monitor developments related to the COVID-19 (coronavirus), we have been compiling Preparedness Practices emerging from member food banks, state associations and Feeding America staff. These shared practices center on protecting the well-being of staff members, volunteers and people facing hunger during this public health threat. Please see the COVID-19 Emerging and Preparedness Practices Guide (word version) for the practices we have compiled so far, which include sections on human resources, distribution methods, inventory, product sourcing, volunteers, agency communication, fundraising, advocacy, and more.
These practices are emergent, co-created and will evolve as we learn more together. They have been reviewed by the Feeding America Government Relations and Member Engagement Teams to verify they meet IRS and member contract requirements.
Please note: Evolving guidance provided by the CDC and Public Health Departments will take precedent over the information in the guide. We recommend monitoring the CDC as an authoritative source regularly.
We will update these practices on an ongoing basis. Before Friday, the guide will be on HungerNet by topic area with a date indicating when a section was last updated.
Added Mar 6 2020:
From NonProfit Risk Management Center:
Sample docs/etc from FTC member food banks:
From Mar 5 2020 and prior:
From National Assoc of Free and Charitable Clinics:
For information on Coronavirus Disease 2019, please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) webpage providing educational resources and updates on the disease: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html.
- Spread: For more information on how Coronavirus Disease 2019 spreads, please visit: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/transmission.html
- Prevention & Treatment:For information on prevention and treatment of this disease, please visit: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/prevention-treatment.html
- FAQ’s:For frequently asked questions and answers from the CDC on the Coronavirus Disease 2019, please visit: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/faq.html
- Preparedness Resources: For more information and guidance on preparedness planning from the CDC, please visit: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/php/pandemic-preparedness-resources.html
- COVID-19 HungerNet Page – Make sure you keep an eye on the COVID-19 Information page on HungerNet. It is being updated regularly with news and resources from FA and your peers. I’ve also attached the most recent Network Connection that has more information on the topic.
- FANO HR Response – Attached is the FA HR Response that was sent out via the HR email list last week – not all of it will apply to your staff, but if necessary it can be a good structure to build from.
- Sample Disaster Plan – If you are interested, the food bank in Dayton, OH, has shared a robust disaster plan that could be helpful in thinking through some of your preparation. I’ve attached. I’m not trying to be overwhelming, but hoping that perhaps this could be a useful resource coming at a useful time.
Your dollars make a difference. Every dollar you donate helps feed hungry children, families, seniors and veterans.Click to Donate
Find a Food Bank
Our multi-state network unites ten member food banks to feed every community, every day.Find a Food Bank
Programs can vary by Food Bank or individual community.Find Out More Here