Agricultural Farm to Foodbanks Admin Assistant
JOB TITLE: FTC Agriculture Farm to Foodbanks Assistant
REPORTS TO: Farm to Foodbanks Director
STATUS: Part Time up to 20 hours per week
The FTC Agricultural Farm to Foodbanks Assistant will support the Farm to Foodbanks Director with executing produce loads and administrative duties. This position would also include establishing relationships and systems to help effectively distribute surplus produce. This is a part-time position, 20 hours per week, flexible. Virtual, we prefer NE FL but can also be in the Carolinas.
1. Support FTC objectives to secure as much fresh produce as possible for our member food banks, agencies, and clients.
2. Work closely with the Farm to Foodbanks Director and food bank member partners to ensure quality standards, evaluate needs, and assist coordinating local, state, and national donations. This includes executing produce loads, acting as the liaison between the donor, foodbank, transportation, and Feeding America staff.
3. Provide professional, responsive, and appreciative customer service to all food industry partners, donors, and co-workers.
4. Maintain collaborative relationships with Feeding America national office and member network staff as required.
5. Assist Farm to Foodbanks Director in tracking donations by commodities/categories, donor, foodbank, produce pounds, etc.
6. Collaborate with food bank members’ internal departments to maximize donation opportunities.
7. Provide coverage for Farm to Food Banks Director as needed.
8. Other duties assigned by FTC staff.
• Experience in fresh produce industry – category management, procurement, supplier management and/or distribution preferred.
• Food bank experience in food sourcing preferred.
• Some college preferred.
• Excellent written and presentation skills.
• Excellent customer service and communication skills.
• Strong analytical and organizational skills.
• Must be detail oriented.
• Ability to travel, valid driver’s license, and a personal vehicle.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office with advanced skills in Excel and spreadsheet management.
• Committed to organizational mission of ending hunger.
To apply, send your resume/interest email to email@example.com
Your dollars make a difference. Every dollar you donate helps feed hungry children, families, seniors and veterans.Click to Donate
Find a Food Bank
Our multi-state network unites ten member food banks to feed every community, every day.Find a Food Bank
Get Involved - Volunteering During COVID19
Volunteers are Needed More than Ever - With Safety Precautions in PlaceFind Out More About Volunteering